Sunday, August 29, 2021

Narratives

Great Zoom session today.

(Ma'ake had just nipped away during the photo!)



Today we looked at how to start our narratives, using description to create images for our audience.

We read some books to see how they start and then began writing our own introductions to let the audience know where our Wild Thing lives, what they look like and some things they like to do.  This will enable our audience to have a good understanding of our main character.

Next we will build up to some drama or problem for our character.  Some of the characters are lovely and kind, while the others are a little bit scary.  

As you can see I have made many changes to my draft narrative.  Each time I read it, I think how can I make it better?  Sometimes it is by adding a descriptive word or even adding a whole new sentence.  

No comments:

Post a Comment